I've been thinking about poetry again. My Tuesday night conversation with my poetry group reminded me that long ago I had brainstormed a number of questions about poetry. They've waited a long time for some kind of answers. It's time to bring them back into the light.
From my notebooks:
- how to get poetry out into the world - mine and others> the literary scene has changed so much
- can poetry be "paired" like wine and cheese? >with artwork, with people, professions?
- can poetry be put in doctor and dentist offices?
- what about producing poetry videos? with people, with art or photography and voice-overs
- what would a "poetry camp" look like?
- what would a room full of poets look like? sound like?
- why poetry?
- making poetry public> bringing into view, into the everyday> giving people a glance, a taste, a small sensation of experience
- to be a force for poetry > to bring more beauty into the world
It is time to go exploring.