You were born with potential.
You were born with goodness and trust.
You were born with ideals and dreams.
You were born with greatness.
You were born with wings.
You are not meant for crawling, so don’t.
You have wings.
Learn to use them and fly.
I’m continuing on my path of development. A reminder to myself not to rigidly adhere to things. It stunts my creativity with all the “shoulds”. For example, I said I was going to do a series on bees. Yes. But. Along the way I have had a few more ideas, offshoots of considering the small things of beauty around me and being aware of them, to truly see them.
The thing is – I am full of series if I look back over the work I have done – both in writing and art-making. Here’s what I’ve observed:
- I write a lot about the landscape around me
- the moon shows up very frequently in my work
- birds are also very present as are dreamy (eyes closed) female faces
- also noted: my use of earthy colours, texture, abstracted lines and shadow
What does this all mean?
I’m working on a “life” series from an unconscious yet aware (hopefully) place.
In the works:
- textured and patterned mixed media pieces using plaster on board to create the texture and then a mix of collage and acrylic paint (as my work in progress, ode to, demonstrates )
- encaustic explorations – monotypes, layered images, mark-making – all governed by the nature of the wax
- a continued exploration of digitally altered/abstracted photos
- shaping copper into curio
Art series? – there’s moon, landscape, female figures and many small “things of beauty” to explore.
As for my writing – there’s moon, landscape, female figures and many small “things of beauty” to explore.
All these things I explore help me use my wings.